Tuesday, 13 August 2013

Cultists kill man in place of brother

Suspected cult members have killed a 22-year-old man, Michael Agbo, after destroying his parents’ home in Itaoluwo, a suburb of Ikorodu, Lagos State.

The incident, which took place on August 6, 2013, at 10pm, is currently under investigation at Shagamu Road Division.

PUNCH Metro learnt that on the fateful day, about eight cultists stormed the deceased’s family home, held the occupants hostage, and vandalised the house.

It was also learnt that the cultists, who intended to kill the elder brother of the deceased, Emmanuel Agbo, did not meet him at home.

The cultists were said to have killed the victim in place of his brother.

Our correspondent gathered that the victim’s mother and two other siblings of the deceased were beaten up during the attack.

A relative, who craved anonymity for fear of reprisal, said the culprits ransacked the house, broke the television and seized the phones of the victims so that they would not be able to warn their brother not to come home.

The assailants were said to have waited for Emmanuel in the house, but when Michael came home, they descended on him instead.

The source said Michael was shot from behind, and then slashed with a cutlass.

She said, “The mother of the deceased and two female siblings were at home when the boys stormed it.
“The boys destroyed everything in the house, including the television. They vandalised the kitchen and beat up their mother mercilessly. They seized their phones also.

  “When they were leaving the house, Michael, who was the fourth of seven children, returned into the house.

“Immediately he sighted them, he tried to flee, but he was shot from behind. They cut off his right hand and slashed his body with a cutlass.

“The eldest brother, Emmanuel, was not home at the time the incident occurred. He was the one they came for. It was likely he had something to do with those boys. Some of them are known faces around there.”

PUNCH Metro learnt that Michael was rushed to Real Hope Hospital, Ogijo, where he was confirmed dead.

A police source, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said no suspect had been arrested.
When contacted on the telephone, the Police Public Relations Officer, Lagos State Command, Ngozi Braide, said she would call back.

No comments:

Post a Comment