Tuesday, 16 July 2013

Woman Roasts 7-Yr-Old Step-Son’s Hand For Adding Disinfectant Into His Bath Water

I don't understand how someone can so wicked to her own blood See how Vanguard puts it - -
According to  Ngozi, “On July 11, 2013, Awwal was rushed to the Randle General Hospital, Mother and Child Centre, Gbaja, at about 6:30pm after a distress call from neighbours.

“He sustained serious injuries from fire burns inflicted on him by the step-mother who is now in police custody.

“At the hospital, we requested to see the welfare officer who we were told had closed for the day but after narrating our mission to one of the staff she referred us to the chief matron.  The chief matron issued an emergency card to the boy and directed him to see the doctor.

“The doctor, however, refused to attend to the boy, because according to her, the hospital did not have enough space to accommodate the boy, as he would  need admission for intensive care.

“We pleaded with the doctor to at least administer some first aid on the boy but she refused. We went back to the chief matron who told us after consulting with the doctor  that Surulere General Hospital (Mother and Child Centre) does not have the facility to deal with such cases. They said our best chance would be to go to Ikeja General Hospital.

“We eventually left in disappointment and went to a private hospital in Mushin, close to the juvenile centre, where he got immediate attention and  was treated free of charge.

Awwal recounts ordeal

The boy said he added small quantity of Izal disinfectant to his bath water and his step mother got angry and put his hand on a burning stove since Sunday and he was not taken to hospital till Thursday when neighbours called the Lagos State Child Protection Network who mobilised the JWC Alakara to rescue him.

Culled from Vanguard News.

No comments:

Post a Comment